Monday, March 30, 2015

What 'Freedom of Speech' Means

This is an important post, especially if you're in the US and you're coming across the excuse 'freedom of speech'! 

Freedom of speech is great, and really it's what this blog is. It's great that I can express my opinion without going to jail! It's amazing how I can disagree with important political figures, and yet I'm not getting a death sentence for it. I love how I can freely express what I think on here and not have people worried sick about this little girl running a blog with 'wrong opinions' and the government finding out! It's great. 

But people take advantage of this and it's so gross. 

Freedom of speech simply means you can state your opinion and you're not going to get in trouble for it.

It does not mean you can bully someone. 

Before you go and tell me I am incorrect, I did research and can confirm it is illegal in 49 states to bully someone (however the last state does have a strict policy about bullying), so if you are to come across a bully who says 'I have freedom of speech to bully you!', feel free to inform them they are wrong. It is against the law! You cannot be using 'freedom of speech' and be bullying them at the same time.

'Freedom of speech' isn't an actual argument for bullies and it drives me insane when they think it is! 

This should seriously be talked about in schools at the beginning of the year along with those assemblies about bullying. 

I know this post is short but there isn't much else to add on to this (unless you want a story from my life with a girl who used the whole freedom of speech thing and how it includes bullying thing on me in a debate), so I hope you enjoyed!

-wolfs4evea 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rainbow Links

By Blog Gadgets