Friday, October 17, 2014

Justifying my entry...

Hey everyone! 
I know I just posted two days ago, but it's a 3 day weekend for me and I've got no plans so I'm finding myself with a lot of freetime. 

Before I get to today's topic I would just like to list my goals here so I can easily check back to them. I have decided to post here and on Jamaa Times at least once a week, or at least try to. 

Okay now on to the title.
'Justifying my entry' isn't very explanatory, but lets just say, every year there's this contest (I don't know if it's only in my state or if it's across the country so I'm not going to go into detail about it), and this year the theme was "to make the world a better place" I wasn't going to enter, however, my art teacher made my class enter. Since I was one of the first to finish the project we started prior to the contest, I had plenty of time to get started. I prompted our teacher with questions about size limits, then got started. I sketched out some items and before I knew it the period was over. The following day I sat in my seat thinking back to some pictures I saw on tumblr the night before, and decided that I wanted to do some crayon melting instead of painted. So I asked the teacher and she said she believed I could do it and so then this weekend I got started on it. 

I'm not going to upload a picture because if I did I could get in trouble for 'stealing it' (even thou it's mine).  Anyway here's the description, its got four people standing under an 12" umbrella, protecting them from the melted crayon, which I made rainbow-y. The person holding the umbrella the umbrella has a small pink heart on their chest. 

Now I would just like to justify it.
I choose to use the melted crayon because I feel like it represented how crazy and random life can be. I made the background rainbow-y because I feel like it showed everything and anything life can get. I painted the person holding the umbrella with a small pick heart to show that the world would be a better place if more people were kinder and cared for others.Lastly, I used silhouettes of people because I didn't want make it specific races or genders.

I know the justifying bit was awfully short but I accidentally refreshed the page and lost all the things I wrote about it so I shortened it. Now before you say I'm homophobic because I had an umbrella shield a group of people from the rainbow (the rainbow is often a symbol of being gay etc), I would like to say it's actually the opposite. I am all for the LGBT community. I hadn't even realized people might think my artwork was homophobic until my brother had pointed it out to me.

Alright I'm gonna go relax, bye!


(By the way, please don't comment something like 'you support gays so you must be gay!!!' No, I'm not gay. Just because I support animal rights doesn't make me an alpaca.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rainbow Links

By Blog Gadgets